Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Bob McNair Thrilled For Texans/Houston

Updated: Saturday, 07 Jan 2012, 8:42 PM CST
Published : Saturday, 07 Jan 2012, 8:23 PM CST

HOUSTON - In the wake of the Houston Texans 31-10 Wildcard playoff win over the Cincinnati Bengals Saturday at Reliant Stadium, owner Bob McNair called it a huge moment in his life and the bigggest in franchise history.

"I think it's got to be the happiest moment and the greatest accomplishment because of what we've had to deal with, being able to win in spite of all of the adversity," McNair said.

McNair is certainly not surprised his Texans have advanced in the NFL and will take on the Ravens next Sunday in Baltimore.

"I really thought we were going to win," McNair said. "I didn't think we were going to win as decisively as we did."

Former Houston Oilers coach Bum Phillips, father of Texans defensive coordinator Wade Phillips, was overwhelmed with joy after the game.

How happy? You oughta be able to look at me and tell how happy I am," Bum Phillips said. "I guarantee you this crowd helped them win just like they did in the old Luv Ya Blue days.

"It's just a great feeling to know that Houston is back."

McNair understood exactly what Bum Phillips meant.

"I remember when we had 50,000 people at the Astrodome after the team lost to Pittsburgh (in Jan./1979)," McNair said. "I think he's talking about that kind of spirit.

"I'm just delighted to be a part of it. I'm just so happy for our fans."

No comments:

Post a Comment