Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

Texans players have game day superstitions

HOUSTON -

In sports, superstitions fit right in.  If the results are positive, athletes wrap their arms around them.

"I am very superstitious," Texans center Chris Myers told KPRC Local 2 Sports.  "I usually don't talk to you guys (media) too much, but you got me today.  I am strictly a schedule and routine guy. If I get off of that, I get paranoid."

In the NFL, players and coaches are creatures of habit just about all year around.

"You have to do whatever works," Texans lineman Duane Brown said. "Some people don't care, but I like to stick to a schedule with meals and what time I workout and get to the building each day."

When it comes to games and game days, let's just say a few inside of the Texans locker room openly admit they've bought in. It's a comfort zone that breeds confidence between the lines.

"I have stuff I listen to," Texans cornerback Kareem Jackson said.  "I want to be relaxed and ready to go. I like T-I because he's from Georgia, good rapper."

"I have a playlist of 30 to 35 songs," said Brown.  "I like Jay-Z and Kanye, and that gets me right for game day."

When the Texans and Bengals knock heads in the AFC Wildcard Playoff, the Texans are banking on their strategies that got them to this point.  At the end of the day, it's all about winning and advancing.

"I have a routine," Texans defensive tackle Antonio Smith said.  "But I can change 10 times because I have 10 different personalities!"


No comments:

Post a Comment