Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Texans fans gear up for team's first-ever playoff game

Texans fans gear up for team's first-ever playoff game

HOUSTON -

Reliant Stadium will be the place to be this Saturday afternoon with the Texans hosting the first playoff game in franchise history.

"It's been a long time coming," Texans fan Robin Sheppard said. "It's been fun, and I enjoy coming to the games. It's a fun experience. Of course, we would have liked for them to be in the playoffs sooner than this, but while they're here we're going to enjoy it and enjoy the ride."

"I'm still believing that I will go to the game, so I'm keeping my hopes up," Texans Fan Marvin Lopez, who hasn't yet secured a ticket to the game. "I really want to go."

Maria Coronado made a special trip to the Go Texan Store to gear up for this weekend.

"I drove from Baytown all the way over here to make sure we get some gear for this weekend," Coronado said. "I'm taking a long, extended lunch break."

Whether they have tickets to the game or are watching it at home, most fans already seem to have a battle plan in place.

"Barbecuing, kids over and running crazy...everyone's in a little Texan frenzy right now," Coronado said.

"I'm just going to make sure I show up with my Texans cap and my Texans shirt and move it like that," Sheppard added.

Go Texans Store employee Alesha Pearson told us how fans can show their Texans Pride.

"Right now, we are having specials on jerseys," Pearson said. "The jerseys are twenty-five dollars off. We have the name and number t-shirts that are ten dollars off, and we also have five dollars off on hats."

The Go Texan Store's normal operating hours are Monday - Friday, 10 a.m.- 5:30 p.m., and Saturday from 10 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. However, hours on Wednesday, January 4, and Thursday, January 5, are 10 a.m. - 7 p.m. On Friday, January 6, hours are 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.

KPRC will air the Texans-Bengals game beginning at 3:30 p.m. on Saturday.


No comments:

Post a Comment