Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Rosenberg Terry's Griffin to Join A&M

Updated: Friday, 06 Jan 2012, 9:31 PM CST
Published : Friday, 06 Jan 2012, 9:31 PM CST

HOUSTON - Rosenberg Terry's two-sport star Derrick Griffin announced Friday night he is verbally committing to play football and basketball at Texas A&M.

"I decided that was the right school to go to," Griffin told FOX 26. "I like everything about A&M."

Griffin measures 6’6” and 215 pounds. His elite size/speed combination and dominating physical presence make him a consensus state top-10 prospect in both football and basketball in the Class of 2013.

Griffin projects as a tight end/receiver and believes he's a good fit to the high octane offensive system recently hired Head Coach Kevin Sumlin will bring to A&M.

"I figured I can play two sports," Griffin said. "And Sumlin likes to throw the ball a lot. It's my school to go to."

No comments:

Post a Comment