Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Texans playoff ticket prices tempt some fans to sell

by Larry Seward / KHOU 11 News

khou.com

Posted on January 3, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Updated today at 6:34 PM

HOUSTON â€" How much is a Texans playoff ticket worth? They are so valuable that even some die-hard fans are tempted to sell.

Tony Linz isn’t one of them.

"There’s no way I’m going to sell my ticket," Linz said.

Linz has Texans vanity plates, decals, a room full of Texans memorabilia and a Texans clock counting each second. So selling his tickets to the team’s first ever playoff game is not really an option.

"I mean, you’re going to have to give me half a million dollars," Linz said.

Linz’s friend, Roger Lazarin, hasn’t missed a game in five years. He got engaged at a Texans game and even had his picture printed on Texans tickets last year. But Lazarin's wife is forcing him to think about selling their $400 playoff tickets.

She saw ads where people are selling similar tickets for thousands of dollars.

"My wife wasn’t too happy about me getting the playoff tickets to begin with," Lazarin said. "She looked up all these places like Craigslist, eBay, Stub Hub… and when she saw they were going for over a thousand dollars, she said, ‘We can pay off some bills with this money.’ But I said, ‘No way. I am going to this game.’"

Lazarin and Linz consider their tickets priceless.

"When is the next time I get to go to the Texans’ first playoff game," Linz asked. "This is an opportunity I can’t miss."

Since he’s passing on potential profit, Lazarin is planning to make it up to his wife.

"Let’s just say this Valentine’s Day is going to be extremely special for her," Lazarin said. "Christmas was good for her. I kind of went above and beyond to make her happy, so that she makes me happy."

The Texans warn fans to be wary of where they buy or sell tickets. The team warns there are only three reliable places to purchase tickets: from the team, Ticketmaster or the NFL’s ticket exchange website.

No comments:

Post a Comment