Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Texans QB Yates Injured but is Okay

Updated: Sunday, 01 Jan 2012, 4:53 PM CST
Published : Sunday, 01 Jan 2012, 4:49 PM CST

HOUSTON - Houston Texans quarterback T.J. Yates suffered a bruised left shoulder in the first quarter of the 23-22 loss to the Tennessee Titans on Sunday, but said he is okay.

Yates who was sacked on the first play of game, left after the drive was over, but could have returned if needed.

He was replaced by Jake Delhomme.

Yates said an examination of his injured shoulder during the game didn't reveal any serious issues.

"Everything was good," Yates said. "Fell on my left shoulder. Dinged it up a little bit.

"We just wanted to make sure we didn't do anything worse to it. It felt fine the rest of that drive, but just for precautionary reasons, just make sure to play it safe."

Yates said he was never really worried about the injury.

"I wasn't too worried. I was fine the rest of that drive," Yates said. "Everything was okay. I was fine throwing the ball.

"I was going back in in case Jake went down. I'd be able to go in absolutely."

Texans head coach Gary Kubiak said Yates will have his shoulder evaluated further, but the rookie quarterback isn't concerned about that either.

'It's my left shoulder. I don't need it," Yates laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment