Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Fans Disappointed, Remain Proud

Updated: Monday, 16 Jan 2012, 9:40 AM CST
Published : Monday, 16 Jan 2012, 9:20 AM CST

HOUSTON - Well fans gathered all across the area Sunday to get in on all the playoff action.

And while many are disappointed, Houstonians are loyal fans and most of them are just happy the Texans made it as far as they did. Some will go on to root for other teams, others won't.....but at the end of the day, they're all true Texans fans through and through.

First stop of the day.....church.

A tailgating party held by Woodlands Church.

"I don't know if God cares about football games, I doubt God cares who wins and loses but he cares about everyone person he's created and he wants to be part of every area of our life," said Pastor Kerry Shook.

It was their way of showing the community, church can be fun.

"I think it a real blessing that the church can come into the community like this, get together and share the gospel and he amongst everybody like this," said a church-goer.

"I'm having a blast, I think it's great thing the church is doing this, all of us coming together to enjoy fellowship and watch Texans play," said another church-goer.

"I love it, it's awesome and I love that I can support my team and still be in the presence of God, I love it," said another church-goer.

Here's one that's a little odd to see in Houston....a Texans/Ravens watch party.

You see, this crew went to Northshore High School with 2 Ravens players and 1 Texans player.

"I'm very proud of both of them, they're doing a fantastic job," said Matthew Bolton.

And over at Buffalo Wild Wings in Rice Village.....it was Texans all the way.

"It kind of got a little rough, a couple of fans gave me the mean eye, but it's all good, we're going to the Superbowl baby," said Ravens fan Kevin Hadley.

Who turned out to be a fake...

"To be truthful, I won a bet, it was about a bet, I love Houston, it was about the money baby. I'm a Texans fan, through and through," said Kevin.

As the time runs out.....the disappointment is obvious....

"Disappointment and frustration, heartbroken, good game, bad decisions by TJ Yates," said Ronald Hadley.

"Disappointment but you also still so much love, very proud, Houstonian I'm proud of them, they played hard," said Carlus Carmona.

Some will now root for another team....

"The Patriots because if you beat my team, the Houston Texans, I gotta go against you," said Ronald.

Others say no way jose!

"Oh no, I don't root for anybody else," said Miriam Saldana.

"Houstinians you know we have big hearts, we're proud of our Texans, win or lose we still love you and we stick by you," said Carlus.

Sadly, the Texans season is over...but there's never been a better time to join their season ticket priority waiting list for their 2012 season.

No comments:

Post a Comment