Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

Brian Ching Will Report to Montreal

Updated: Thursday, 05 Jan 2012, 6:30 PM CST
Published : Thursday, 05 Jan 2012, 5:55 PM CST

HOUSTON - Former Houston Dynamo star Brian Ching confirms in an interview with FOX 26 Sports he will report to the Montreal Impact when training camp opens later this month.

"I'm not going to retire," Ching said. 'I'm going to report to camp when camp starts on the (January) 15th."

The Dynamo gambled that Ching would not be taken in the MLS Expansion Draft because of his contract which has a salary cap number of $455,000.

The Impact took him anyway.

The Dynamo remain hopeful of getting Ching back in a Houston uniform at some point and have said there is a job for him in the team's front office.

Ching said he did not want to go into the specifics of his decision to report to Montreal.

"I don't want to elaborate on it now," Ching said. "I'll do that before I head up there.

"I'll call a press conference and elaborate on my feelings."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment